Saturday, May 9, 2015

Final Infographic




Disclaimer: I'm having difficulty uploading my Infographic using Piktochart so I'm including the link that is less blurry.

For my infographic, I focused on what is the future of technology-based learning.  Specifically I looked at where technology is going in the future with education.  I also focused on what kind of technology might be used moving forward.  Based on my previous two focuses I discovered what the impact of technology might look like moving forward with education.

An "info-what" was my original thought when I began this project a few short weeks ago. Now I am beginning to think how I can use this AMAZING tool in the future! I have found myself looking at the news in a different way...I always thought that those charts they use are so informative and it must take forever to make. Yes, they are informative and yes they do take awhile to make but not impossible!

I wanted to show what the future of technology-based learning might look like. I first used a road like chart to show how technology in education works. I tried to break it down into parts to make easier for someone to follow and understand. Then I highlighted various ways technology can be used in the classroom; I thought it would be good to give a brief synopsis of each technology that is in the foreseeable future. Finally I thought creating a timeline would also show what might happen in the next fifteen years in technology-based learning would be a powerful way to show the endless possibilities of technology in education. I created the timeline using Google. I wasn't able to find a timeline part in Piktochart, maybe next time.

What I discovered was it wasn't the hardest thing in the world to make an Infographic. My classmates were able to provide encouragement and feedback to help put the finishing touches on the infographic. Their feedback included minor changes that made my work look professional(if you ask me). My professor also gave me a great website that helped me find even more details about what technology might look like in the future with education. Without their help I wouldn't have created this infographic. I hope that some of my feedback helped them create a better infographic. As always my classmates continue to amaze me with everything they produce! All of the infographics were great and all of the programs they used helped to show the information they found on their particular topic.

I think an infographic might be good as part of my Kindergarten Open House slideshow for next year. I could break part of the year into pieces using the graphics, I could also breakdown parts of the curriculum into easy to follow infographics. My recommendations for others who want to create an infographic is think of what you want to highlight and start small. It's not always going to be easy but the end result will look professional thanks to tools like Piktochart. I think that when it comes to assessing infographics it's all a learning process so as long as their is a final product produced that's a success to me.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to learn that your initial apprehension turned into a high quality product and a useful tool for you to rely on in the future.

    ReplyDelete