Sunday, January 11, 2015

Introduction Week #1

My name is Anne Marie Lanning and I am in my ninth year of teaching and third year of teaching Kindergarten in East Hartford.  Before settling into Kindergarten I have taught first, second, and third grade in both Hartford and East Hartford.
Kindergarten is where my heart is!  Each and every day is a new adventure and for the most part enjoyable!  My class this year GREAT!  The kids are so excited to come in and just learn.  It's really exciting watch as we are half way through the year.
When I'm not busy with school work I am also the Union representative for my building and an active member of my teacher sorority that does outreach work to various childrens organizations and schools.
I earned my bachelors degree at University of Connecticut in Political Science and History and then I received my masters degree at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia in Elementary Education.  I am lucky enough to see my friends and family in Philadelphia a few times through out the year so that makes traveling a hobby of mine.  My parents are also snowbirds so I get to get enjoy the sunshine and warm temperatures in February and April.  My countdown has already started since we have had all of the cold weather and snow and ice!  I am also a huge pop culture and TV fan!!!
I'm enjoying my time in the IT&DML program.  I have learned so much and looking forward to another semester of learning!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you Anne. I am looking forward to interactions

    ReplyDelete