Saturday, October 11, 2014

MOOC #2 Playlist

What a great assignment!  It was super fun to do!  I asked many friends and colleagues songs that I think that they thought I should do.  My iPod is FULL of various kinds of music so I was a little overwhelmed about what to pick but in the end I stuck with three songs to add to the ITDML station.

First, I choose was “Under Pressure” by Queen.  As I began this program I thought I knew a lot about technology but even after the first class I had many emotions including feeling pressure.  I didn’t really know the feeling of pressure until I came back to school teaching and going to school.  It’s been a lot of work and time management but certainly after I see the assignments for the upcoming week I always feel “under pressure”.  Talking with my classmates let’s me know I’m not the only one and that no matter what it will get done which often brings me off the ledge.

I then choose the song “Remember the Name” by Fort Minor.  I first heard this song on a TV show and liked it so I downloaded it.  My younger cousins told me love listening to this song with their sports team because it gets them “pumped up”.  For me it’s about making yourself known.  Using all of the parts that they say make up the 100%, 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain, and in the end 100% to remember the name.  Each of us experiences these things in our lives, working, school, or in our personal lives but in the end all we have is our name that makes us who we are.


Finally I choose “I’ll Be There For You” by the Rembrandts.  This song is for my friends and family and my classmates in ITDML.  Everyone let’s me know that I can do it and that in the end they will there to celebrate my successes and sometimes my failures.  I would like to think there will be more successes than failures!


Creative Commons License


This work by Anne Marie Lanning is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

No comments:

Post a Comment