Monday, July 21, 2014

Five Cs/Three Phases of Learning

Educational Leadership:Teaching for the 21st Century: Navigating the Cs of Change 
The article highlights: Internet Reciprocal Teaching Promotes the Five Cs Creativity, Communication, Collaboration, Critical Thinking and Comprehension. As I read this article I tried to think about how I incorporate the Five Cs into my daily teaching using the three phases.  As a Kindergarten teacher I constantly "starting with the basics" (Phase 1) and using technology is no exception.  Students in my class learn basic computer skills, how to use the keyboard and mouse to navigate the computer.  They then use this skills to access the programs that they need to use.  Students are always collaborating (Phase 2), as the teacher I model for them what they will be doing and then using the gradual release model students take the responsibility of their learning by doing it on their own.  Student-Center Learning (Phase 3), students in my classroom take an active role in their learning by communicating with myself and their peers about their learning, sharing their questions and their new understanding about their new found knowledge.  I think that the Five Cs are embedded into good teaching as well as part of the three phases of learning.


Creative Commons License
This work by Anne Marie Lanning is licensed under a



No comments:

Post a Comment