Saturday, August 9, 2014

OCC in my Classroom ED7710 Week #5

Much like Audra Vasquez I have been thinking about the upcoming school and what I should to do make it better than previous years. After reading O’Byrne’s article I thought about the three phases of Online Content Construction (OCC) instructional model and how I can incorporate those into my classroom using technology.  Last year I began using a website PebbleGo where students can read and research a specific topic.  What I like about PebbleGo is it’s specifically for K-3 students and that it provides reading, games, and multimedia tools to help teach new concepts for my Kindergarten students.  Below you will find my example of using PebbleGo for the three phases of OCC.

Phase #1
First I would have students work with a partner to choose a subject or content area they are interested in and begin to research and learn more about the subject.  Then students will then have a chance to share what they learned, using graphic organizers, drawings, etc.
Phase #2
Then students will use the classroom reading blog to share what they have learned.  It doesn’t need to be typed response it could include but not limited to a video or a drawing of them sharing what they have learned. 
Phase #3
Students are then able to review their work with their classmates.  After they review their work with their classmates they will have time to go back to review what they need to change or add details to.


Using OCC is very new to me and I will continue to learn more about it in this program.  I am excited about sharing all I am learning with my new class of students about OCC and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment