Sunday, September 7, 2014

Slowly Moving from Web 1.0 to Web 2.0

There was a lot to read this week about New Literacies.  This is still something I am trying to understand more and more.  I liked the chart that showed the differences about Web 1.0 and Web 2.0.  That is something that I understand because I was part of the Web 1.0 generation and I'm still trying to figure out Web 2.0 (Lankshear and Knobel, 2012).  Tweeting, Snapchatting, Instagramming, etc. are foreign to me but I'm exploring.  Lucky I have a lot of teen cousins that are guiding my learning.


The world of gaming though is something that I know NOTHING about.  My parents wouldn't even let me get a Nintendo when I was younger because "video games don't help learning".  If only I had had the article by Coiro, Knobel, Lankshear, and Leu I may have been able to argue the point that video games enhance learning.  But instead I will continue to my blame my parents for my inferior Mario Kart skills. :)
Web 2.0 
Image Courtesy:  http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bb/Herramientas_web_2.0.jpg


Creative Commons License
This work by Anne Marie Lanning is licensed under a

No comments:

Post a Comment